New to homeschooling--help
    sherrib is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New to homeschooling--help

Hi everyone,I'm new to homeschooling & any & all advice would be wonderful.I need to submit our letter of intent & the curriculum, but can't figure out what to print for the curriculum.The site is a little confusing to me right now,but I am working on that,also I am not very good on a computer.My son is going into 8th grade and has ADHD & anxiety issues & we hope our new journey goes well!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to T4L Sherrib My ADHD son loved T4L for their funny but educational cartoon like lessons, hopefully they will keep your son's interest as well. You should check out all our resources and helpful links in the VA state forum. We have a ton of great things for you to read over that will help you make those first couple months easier for you My best advice especially with an ADHD son is to take it slow...you don't want this to be like school with too many worksheets etc. My son is a visual learner so whenever possible we do our lessons with tons of visual aids.

Hope to see you on the forums!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Sherrib! My state doesn't require me to submit any curricula for approval, but I know that some members who live in states that do, use our grade level curriculum overview. You can copy and paste the text parts of this page into a word doc and print it out. It goes over all of the concepts that are going to be taught in the different subjects throughout that grade level.

Here is the link for the 8th grade overview:

Eighth Grade Curriculum & 8th Grade Lessons by Time4Learning

If you need a different grade, you should see them on the left hand side...just click on which one you need.

I hope that helps a bit. Like Panda said above, definitely pop into the VA forum and poke around the boards.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

bubbles is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello... bubbles is new to all of this I currently reside in co... Any helpful advice u can give me? This i all conusing to me also. My son was diagnosed with diabetes so i too have taken the homeschool route. HELP....

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
    Hello... bubbles is new to all of this I currently reside in co... Any helpful advice u can give me? This i all conusing to me also. My son was diagnosed with diabetes so i too have taken the homeschool route. HELP....
    Hello and welcome! It's so easy to be confused and overwhelmed, but try to enjoy the homeschooling experience. I'm sure every homeschool parent here will tell you they have been nervous and/or confused at least once in their own homeschooling journeys. I still get that way, and we've been homeschooling since 2005, lol. Just know that you have always tried to do what's best for your kiddo(s), and homeschooling is no different.

Here are a few great links for you, especially if you're new to homeschooling...

Colorado Homeschool Laws - always important to make sure you understand what they state requires and expects of you.
    Welcome to Homeschooling guide - this is definitely worth reading AND holding onto in case you ever feel like you need to go back through it. There's a lot of great information in it, but it's not overwhelming to try and get through.
    Getting Started with Time4Learning guide - wonderful resource if you want to check out how the program will work, how you can navigate the site, etc.

And one last link/suggestion is to subscribe to the Colorado homeschool forum we have here. It can a good place to meet others near you, but also a good way to try and keep up with homeschool happenings around the state.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!