New Homeschooling Mom

Smile New Homeschooling Mom

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Cheryl and I am new to Homeschooling and I just enrolled my son into the Time4Learning curriculum. I am very excited to get started. If there are any good tips or tricks that anyone would like to share I am all for it. Thank you.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Cheryl. Welcome to Time4Learning. I would suggest that you check out the helpful hints page and the getting started page. Another good place to look would be your state forum. You can find that by going to the drop down menu at the top of this page that says State Forums. Click on that and then click on your state. Please let us know if you have any questions we can help with.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Robin is offline Senior Member

Hi Cheryl and welcome!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Cheryl. Welcome to T4L and homeschooling!!
    Our daughter has been on T4L a little over 4 years. She loves it. I love that I never have to fuss with her about doing her school work and that T4L does most of my record-keeping.
    There are days when I cannot sit next to her and do every lesson with her. So I like that she can work independently and I can go back and see how she scored. If she scored low, I copy and paste the number of the lesson and repeat it with her....as often as needed until she grasps the concept well.

As a new homeschooler, you may find this guide for new homeschooling families helpful. Another site that I like to recommend is the HSLDA. If you haven't gotten connected with a local homeschool support group, you may be able to find one through their site. But I also recommend our T4L forums, which are so helpful!! If you ever have any questions, drop in the T4L forums and ask away.

I hope to see you around the forums. Enjoy your homeschool journey.

Janet
    Having fun growing and learning with our 3 children (2 in high school and 1 in elementary, using T4L and T4W)