New to Homeschooling in the S.A.TX area
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EMoncada

Thread: New to Homeschooling in the S.A.TX area

EMoncada is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to Homeschooling in the S.A.TX area

My family and I are new to homeschooling and a little nervous. We are homeschooling my 14y/o son with Aspergers, and other impairments. We are in San Antonio Texas, so if anyone has any helpful tips for us we would greatly appreciate it.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the wonderful adventure that is homeschooling. We are glad to have you! Your laws regarding homeschooling in TX are pretty simply to comply with, that is the good news. More good news is that you found Time4Learning. It is a very flexible program that works for many different kinds of students.

Check out the Special Education/Special Needs forum which may help you address issues you might be having in your homeschool. The parents over there have great advice.

Also check out the Texas state forum for state specific information and possibly other families in your area. I would suggest finding a local homeschool support group, these families will be a great source of information, friends both for you and your son, and people to go on field trips with. In addition, they are there to hold your hand when it gets tough, and pat you on the back when you have a success. We look forward to being your online support group, feel free to ask questions, bring us your troubles and your triumphs. I hope this helps, and happy homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

EMoncada is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MamaToHerRoo View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful adventure that is homeschooling. We are glad to have you! Your laws regarding homeschooling in TX are pretty simply to comply with, that is the good news. More good news is that you found Time4Learning. It is a very flexible program that works for many different kinds of students.

Check out the Special Education/Special Needs forum which may help you address issues you might be having in your homeschool. The parents over there have great advice.

Also check out the Texas state forum for state specific information and possibly other families in your area. I would suggest finding a local homeschool support group, these families will be a great source of information, friends both for you and your son, and people to go on field trips with. In addition, they are there to hold your hand when it gets tough, and pat you on the back when you have a success. We look forward to being your online support group, feel free to ask questions, bring us your troubles and your triumphs. I hope this helps, and happy homeschooling!

Thank you for the information. We appreciate it.
    bailbrae likes this.