New to Homeschooling - Special Needs Mom
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amwilson

Thread: New to Homeschooling - Special Needs Mom

amwilson is offline Junior Member

Default New to Homeschooling - Special Needs Mom

Hello, everyone! I am shiny new to homeschooling our 13 year old daughter with Pervasive Development Disorder (PDD/NOS). I've been looking around to learn the ropes on the site, and see what all I can work on to help get her all she is capable of attaining. She also has hearing impairments in both ears which require hearing aids, but that hasn't stopped her.

We live in central Florida on the east coast. Our girlie is #2 of 3. Eldest is in college while the youngest just started 2nd grade today at a local Christian school.

I'm looking forward to seeing just how much she will advance with the specialized/individualized instruction.

In Christ,
    Allison Wilson
    Mom to Sarah

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Allison and welcome to time4learning.com.

I am from Central Florida also, but west coast (Tampa/St. Petersburg area).
    Have you checked out the other forums? There is a nice one for Special Needs. That forum might be able to help you though any challenges you come across. Sounds like you are off at a great start in getting ready to start your time4learning adventure.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

amwilson is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the info, Brandy! I've hunted around the forums, and found several helpful areas already. It's a great support system.
    bailbrae likes this.