New To Homeschooling and Time4Learning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TennHomeMom3

Thread: New To Homeschooling and Time4Learning

TennHomeMom3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New To Homeschooling and Time4Learning

I am a mother to 3 beautiful daughters ages, 10, 12, and 14. They are in 5th, 6th, and 9th grade. This is my first time ever homeschooling them. I just registered for T4L today.. i have searched and searched and this was the best option for me. I look forward to learning as much as I can, as well as look forward to my girls learning what they need to. I love the fact, that i will be able to keep better track of what they will be doing everyday. Their daddy and I both thought this was the way to go.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! So glad to hear that you and your husband think T4L is a good option for your family. We have been using Time4Learning almost 7 years now, and we still love it. It's definitely the right fit for our family, and we were thrilled when they announced they would be offering high school courses a couple of months ago...it was timed perfectly because my oldest was starting 9th grade a couple of months ago!

Since you said you are new to homeschooling, I wanted to share this Welcome to Homeschooling ebook with you (great resource with great info for newbies), and this Hints and Help page to help you learn more about using T4L (navigating the site, records, lesson plans, etc.).

Please poke around the boards here to see who you can meet and how others homeschool and use Time4Learning. Make sure to also pop into your state homeschool forum, so you can try and connect with others who might be local to you.

Good luck! Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

TennHomeMom3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks! I am already busy today reading through everything on the site. So far i love it!! I have it set to where my girls will start their lessons on Monday. Im hoping this will be an easy transition to homeschooling, cause frankly i have no idea what i am doing! But so far this site is proving that i can do it and with ease!
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Lol, don't worry...you're not alone. I've been homeschooling since 2005 and I still have days (more than I should admit) where I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. You'll find your groove, and you'll learn to be okay with feeling like you're lost every now and then, lol.

Always feel free to ask any questions you may have!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and I just started homeschooling my 10,12 and 4 year old with T4L, I'm totally loving the site but I'm having a lot of trouble learning how to teach them and create lesson plans around T4L. Since I live in ny we are required to report quarterly I just sent out my first report on the 15th of November. The question is I'm going nuts printing out worksheets to reinforce the work they do with T4L, my friend stated the divide the subjects and chapters by 8 meaning I'm doing 2-3 bubbles every quarter so it's basically diving each quarter by 8! But I honestly feel so lost and stressed out the way things are going? How do I implement T4L and worksheets without having them overloaded? I'm basically in need of lesson plans for 7th,5th and preschool can anyone help me?
    Thank you Christina