New to Homeschooling, and Time4Learning
    SarahS is offline Junior Member

Default New to Homeschooling, and Time4Learning

Hello. I'm Sarah in Texas.
    My 10 year old son had issues in his public Intermediate school with bullying, and issues with teachers as well.
    It all became too much to tolerate and our family decided to try homeschooling. I'd considered it for a long time, but I had worried about socialization as our family doesn't interact much with people outside our home. The issues this year have forced me to choose between his safety and being around kids his own age. I'm currently searching for co-ops in our area that we'd fit in with for handling the socialization he's missing.
    My son was in PAP classes because in Elementary they classified him as Gifted & Talented. Unfortunately, this just seemed to make them throw more work at those children.
    I believe ALL children are "Gifted & Talented" in their own individual ways. Children should be encouraged and their talents should be grown, not smothered.
    My friend, who has homeschooled for years, recommended Time4Learning for our core class work. I'm so glad she did.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to Homeschooling, and Time4Learning

Hi, Sarah! Welcome to Time4Learning and the parent forum!

As mom to six kids with varying abilities, I agree with what you said. You might be interested in this Gifted and Talented article (which agrees with you, too).

We hope to get to know you better in the upcoming weeks. Now that you have introduced yourself, don't be a stranger to the forum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New to Homeschooling, and Time4Learning

Hi, Sarah! Welcome to Time4Learning.