New to HomeSchooloing in NY
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SPORTSMOM24
  • 1 Post By katshu2

Thread: New to HomeSchooloing in NY

SPORTSMOM24 is offline Junior Member

Default New to HomeSchooloing in NY

....Just began homeschooling and using time 4 learning. I began homeschooling due to the lack of the school system servicing my child with ADD and anxitey and a hand writting disability and the amount of bullying my child went through. Been fighting with schools and suporting my child through it sense the 1st grade.hoping to connect with other parents for advice and hopefully able to find homeschool groups to connect with

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Sportsmom! Welcome to Time4Learning! I absolutely understand the need to have a different system for your ADD child. My daughter is ADHD, and had a terrible time with handwriting for the longest time. The school just didn't seem able to handle her issues. Deciding to homeschool was the best move we ever made! Lots of parents here have faced the same things you are facing. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. I would definitely see if you could find a local support group for field trips and stuff like that. Not only are they great for your child, but they are great for you too! Happy homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

SPORTSMOM24 is offline Junior Member

THank you for the reply. The Handwritting issue was so big they just could not support it and it brought his confidence down and caused a lot of the behaviors. I have already seen big improvments in his confidence I knew Home School would be better choice I should have done this a long time ago.
    I am looking into groups but it seems as if there are not a lot of Home schooling families in my area of NY
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPORTSMOM24 View Post
    THank you for the reply. The Handwritting issue was so big they just could not support it and it brought his confidence down and caused a lot of the behaviors. I have already seen big improvments in his confidence I knew Home School would be better choice I should have done this a long time ago.
    I am looking into groups but it seems as if there are not a lot of Home schooling families in my area of NY
    I wanted to post some links to help you look for homeschool groups, but I posted them in your thread in the New York group...in case others are looking for help too. I hope they help! Here is the link to that thread: https://www.time4learning.net/forum/n...lley-ny-20078/
    SPORTSMOM24 likes this.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!