New to HS and T4L but excited - ASD child
    JustanotherLEOW is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to HS and T4L but excited - ASD child

I am starting HS this coming Monday and I am excited and scared all at the same time. I have a 9 year old that has ASD , SPD and Epilepsy so he is the main reason we have decided to move to homeschooling. He needs more visual learning and one on one learning to grasp concepts. We also have an 11 year old daughter that will be homeschooling as well. We are in Henry county and looking for others to meet up with and any advice we can get.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Justanother LEOW. Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling! So exciting for your family!! I've copied your post to the New Member Introduction and to New To Homeschool forums. I've left a copy here because I understand you want to meet up with families who are local to you. We have several different Parent Forums here. If you click on that link, one you will find and you may want to post on is the Special Needs forum. You may want to read some of the posts by other families and get ideas from them.

We've been homeschooling 13 years. One of our daughters will be graduating this year. Our youngest has Down syndrome. Time4Learning is the best curriculum we've found for her, hands down! She loves it and is progressing very well with it. It's so helpful that she's able to work at different grade levels for different subjects. She's not at the same level across the board. Also, she can work at her own pace and repeat lessons, lesson quizzes or tests as often as we need to. Like your son, she is a visual learner and needs one-on-one learning or even additional practice before she grasps a concept. A couple of other sites we use are SpellingCity and LearningGamesForKids.

You may find this link helpful in Getting Started with Time4Learning, since it has guides on how to use things like the Progress Reports, changing grade levels and other things. And lastly, there's the Welcome to Homeschooling Guide, which was written by several veteran homeschool mommies who are members of T4L.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey....expect some rough days, but focus on the big picture and the end goal and reward! I know this has been the best choice for our family!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass