New to HSing and T4L
    hnkmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question New to HSing and T4L

Well, school starts on Tuesday and I'm still figuring out how this is gonna work! I think I can, I think I can... I'm excited about T4L and am hoping it's something that my son will enjoy. He is excited about HSing-- and liked playing around here when we had the free trial. It's the every day-- yes you have to do this-- it's not all fun and games-- that I worry about!

So today, as I was planning next weeks' lessons, I went into the very first lesson my son will complete in 6th grade math. It is a (fairly) lengthy video on Roman Numerals. I was good until the lesson started talking about larger numbers, and I found myself (yes, the Mom) getting confused. My immediate response was to look for a pause button-- and am I missing something?? At the end it asked if I wanted to view it again, which is fine I guess if you don't mind going ALL the way back to the beginning. I didn't need to do that- just back up a few seconds- or pause to be able to read and review what was on the screen. Is this at all possible- is there something I can turn on to get these options? I sure hope so.

Sherri in VA

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sherri,

I know you can, I know you can!

The honeymoon period will eventually end with your son, but that's to be expected.

As for pausing the lesson, I really don't know. Maybe someone else can chime in and answer this one. You can always call customer service and ask them. (888) 771-0914
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

hnkmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks Jackie I finished my first lesson plan yesterday (BIG accomplishment for me!,) and went over it with my son. I'm trying to stress to him that he will have a lot of flexibility with homeschooling, but that doesn't mean there isn't work to be done! I'm excited to see him develop as an independent learner and an independent thinker.

I did send an email to T4L about controlling the lessons, and they responded it was not possible at this point. They get the curriculum from an outside vendor and can't make any program changes. Hopefully that will be something the vendor can improve on in the future.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Sherri

spero is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default posting new threads

Sorry for the reply here, but I'm having difficulty posting new threads. Does anyone know how to do this. It keeps telling me that my "message is too short" and needs at least 10 characters. But everything I have tried doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Bryan

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Bryon. I'm sorry you are having trouble posting. Sometimes if the message is too short it will not post at all. One way to get around it is to stretch a word so you have enough charactersssssssssssssssssssssss. Then it will let you post. If you are still have trouble I would contact tech support at [email protected] or to call (888) 771-0914 weekdays from 8:30am to 7:00pm (6pm on Fridays) EST.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota