New... I'm excited to find this program
    Rhonda is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New... I'm excited to find this program

Hi, I have been looking for something that will work great for my daughter. She was out of state for over 6 months with her father and got behind, she's suppose to be 5th grade this year. I want her back to where she should be but it has been a struggle for us. She gets easily frustrated if she doesn't get the work, and also really expects me to be right on top of her. She really doesn't like independent work, although she's been getting better on that. I have home schooled my other 3 children and never had any trouble with any of them and trying to work with them. I think a lot of our trouble is she has been so public school working that it makes things a little more trying for us. I am hoping that Time4Learning will help us achieve a better education but at the same time show her that it isn't necessary to be in the "public school" mode of learning. I want her to love learning.

Rhonda

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome, Rhonda! I enjoyed your comment, about wanting her to love learning! That's what I want for my boys too...not to learn because they have to, but because they want to. T4L has really fulfilled my expectations in that regard. It's interactive, even more so in the younger grades when I think it's harder to get motivated and stay engaged, and it's easy to use. My boys can log on and get started each day without having to wait for me, but it's not so "independent" that I can't help them...if that makes sense, lol.

Hopefully, the more work she does on her own, the more comfortable she will be continuing to do so. Maybe try to let her be involved in making her own schedule...see if she wants to start "school" a little later in the day, or if she wants to do certain subjects before others. Sometimes having more control can help with the independent thing if kiddos feel like they are doing what they want to do, lol.

Always feel free to ask any questions that you have. Poke around the boards here, and see who you can meet! We also have a California homeschool forum you can join, to keep up with homeschool happenings in the state to to try and meet others near you.

Good luck! Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Rhonda is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the welcome. I am definitely looking forward to her working today even more than she is, I bet.