New from Iowa 03/31/2014
    Loren is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New from Iowa 03/31/2014

Hi everyone. We're here as new homeschoolers. We intended to start next year with Third Grade due to some bullying situations at my daughters school. However after our most recent contact with the principal and teacher the activity increased to dangerous levels and we took her out that day. So here we are on day three of homeschool and our daughter is loving it. I'm playing catch up with learning lesson planning and record keeping on the fly. Time4Learning has been great so far. I just wish I could add the grades from her supplemental work so I could keep records all in one place. That's Ok, for the time being I will get it figured out.
    We're in NE Iowa between Cedar Rapids, Dubuque and Waterloo. If here are any homeschoolers with activities either extracurricular or recreational we'd sure enjoy hearing from you. Socialization is a real concern for us.

Thanks. Nice to meet you.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to time4learning!

Sorry to hear about your daughter and the bulling. Glad that time4learning has been able to help your family out. Have you checked out the Iowa forum to see if there are others in your area? This might be a great start for you.

Again Welcome!!!
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

mama007 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Welcome!!

Taking that first step in homeschooling can be terrifying and exciting at the same time. Good for you for being your child's advocate!! Bullying is never ever ok. I'm sorry to hear that happened. Good luck on this new life change!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Loren. You are so right about the easy record keeping with time4learning. We've used it for 6 years now. We are in the Quad Cities.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota