New Johnston County Homeschool Mother
    fpace is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New Johnston County Homeschool Mother

Hello,
    I am a new homeschool mother. This is my first year homeschooling my 9 year old daughter. I'm looking to connect with homeschool groups in the nearby area. We are looking to meet new people and make new friends. We started homeschooling at the beginning of August and I have seen so many changes in my daughter since we've begun. Her self-confidence has come up and she is really looking forward to making some new friends. Please contact me if you can help or offer advice. Thanks!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling. Isn't it exciting to watch your child bloom when they are away from the school environment.

Here is a link that lists several homeschool groups in your state. It is probably not every group in the state but it is a start. Yes, it is important that your daughter have playmates to hang out with. But it is also important for you to spend time with other mothers who are homeschooling. I would suggest that you also head over to the North Carolina Parent Forum. I'm sure you'll find others in your area there.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota