New Journey
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg

Thread: New Journey

Zack&CaileesMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Journey

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lori and we are in NH! I have two children Zack who is 9 and in 3rd grade and Cailee who is 6 and in Kindergarten. We are starting homeschooling and know NO ONE in our area who homeschool's and would love more info on support groups.

Excited to begin our new journey!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Zack&CaileesMom.

Welcome to time4learning and to homeschooling. You should be able to find a good amount of resources and information on homeschooling in NH at this link: https://www.time4learning.com/homesc...ing_info.shtml

I see you've already posted at the T4L NH forum. I hope you get a reply soon.

I think it's a great idea to try to find a homeschool support group. It's one of the first things we did here in Florida when we started homeschooling many years ago. We have friends that we've known since our kids were in Kindergarten. My 3 kids who are homeschooled have a better social life than my oldest son who went to brick and mortar schools. The best part is that we are good friends with the parents of our kids' friends. We share the common interest of homeschooling, so that has been a great start to good friendships.

Let me share this Helps and Hints page with you on getting started with time4learning. This has helped me navigate the site a little easier.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey!! I hope to see you around the forums. Please feel free to ask any questions.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 02-22-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

HI Zack and Cailee' s Mom!
    Welcome! We are so glad to have you here! I have to second what Janet said about a support group being really important. It is not just for your kids but for you as well. You might check with your local library to see if the librarian knows of any homeschoolers in your area. You can also do a search online to find a group near you for support, field trips, and companionship. I don't know how I would have made the decision to homeschool or made it through my first year without a good support group. Also know that the forums here can answer a lot of questions and lend support as well. Best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!