New kid

Thread: New kid

hcolyer is offline Junior Member

Default New kid

Help! I have taken my son out of 8th grade and put him into homeschool. I decided to do this because he has not been doing well in school at all. He has a very hard time concentrating and comprehending. He is excited about doing homeschool. I just don't know where to begin. What should I keep that he does and how do I figure out what he needs to be doing? I did the chart to figure out how many lessons to do a day and it shows one for every subject and 2 for math. Does anyone have suggestions or a guide to go by. Would greatly appreciate it. Is there anyway for the kids to contact each other?

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to T4L and to homeschooling. When my son went thru the 8th grade he did 2 LA,2LA ext and 2 Math, then he did the history and science as we had time. We also supplemented with writing (via Time4writing) and spelling (via Spelling City) also we did Story of the world (as a group) , extra science experiments were thru Supercharged Science.. In our KY forum there are several threads such as this one that can give you a better idea of how other KY homeschoolers go about planning their day

If I missed anything please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer!

Here are some links to help you navigate T4L:
    Hints and Helps
    Getting Started Using Time4Learning
    I also recommend looking over Time4Learning's free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide for all new homeschoolers, for anyone who is just starting out.
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

hcolyer is offline Junior Member

thanks a lot for your help!