New for last quarter.
    Ruby is offline Junior Member

Default New for last quarter.

Hi, I see not too many people respond to these, but when you're homeschooling you don't have time! This has been our first year homeschooling - daughter 13 (with Asperger's), son 11 (with dysgraphia). It has been BRUTAL. We decided last year that we would homeschool and I researched and searched and researched and searched again before I bought curriculum - and it only took a few weeks to realize it was all good for my son and ALL wrong for my daughter. We've slugged it out until finances were in a spot where we could put more money into curriculum. We're trying out T4L for her for the last quarter. If it works, we'll continue through the summer (to catch up) and then next year. Really hoping this cuts down on the 12 hours of planning I have been doing on the weekends for each week and the multiple stand-stills and defiance matches we experience throughout the week!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

H Ruby,

Glad to have you here. Yes, it is nice that T4L does all the lesson planning and record keeping for you. That alone frees up lots of time for us moms.

Have you checked out our Special Needs forum or our state specific forums?

Here are tips to help you navigate your way around T4L.

Best wishes to you.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Ruby. I try to come to the forums a few times a week. I've been homeschooling for 12 years now, so it's a pleasure to share whatever I can that I've learned with new homeschoolers.
    To share our story about T4L, I found it a little over 4 years ago when I had to go back to work part-time. My youngest daughter has Down syndrome, and T4L has been a blessing! She is an avid reader, so she does well with Language Arts. However, she struggles with math, so she is at a lower grade level in math. With T4L she can work at different grade levels with different subjects. I also like that she can work at her own pace and repeat lessons as many times as needed, since she needs a lot of repetition to grasp some concepts. She really likes T4L! And the best part is that I don't have to do much planning or record-keeping...T4L does it for me.

Homeschooling is the best thing, in my opinion, for our kids with special needs. As you've said, we take the time to do the research to find what is best for our kids.

Ruby, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are all in this together. I have found everyone here to be very friendly and willing to help...even if it takes a couple of days sometimes.

Janet
    having fun homeschooling 2 high schoolers and 1 elementary, using T4L & T4W
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 03-09-2013 at 07:51 PM.