Thread: new member

jos
    jos is offline Junior Member

Default new member

Hello,
    I`m from Louisiana.I have been a member since Feburary 2012.I am new to the forum.I homeschool my granddaughter who is 11 years old and in the 5th grade.Public school did not work out for her because she did not get the individual help that she needed.TimeForLearning is a blessing for her.She has matured in her learning skills and has more confidence in herself.She has no handwrtitng skills because of dysparxia.We taught her how to type letter by letter,starting at age 4.Today she is a fluent typist but still cannot write.Every child should be taught typing skills no matter what the age.Hope to meet other members of the forum.

Jos

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jos. Welcome to the forums. I have a ten year old son. We have been using Time4learning since the very beginning for him. I love it but more importantly, he loves it. Please let us know if you have any questions about anything. You may want to check out the LA Parent Forums. you can find the link at the top of this page where it says State forums. You may also want to check out the special needs forum although it seems your granddaughter is already doing well.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Jos,
    Hi, I'm Linda, moderator of the Louisiana Forum and I would like to peronsally invite you to stop by over there and chat! I have a 12 year old daughter that has just started writing (dysgraphia) and we have been working on her keyboarding skills also. We use games to help increase her speed and accuracy. One of her favorites is Arachnid Falls, but my favorite is QWERTY Warriors. You can find these two games and more at Vocabulary Can Be Fun. Hope to see you in the Louisiana Forum!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!