Thread: New Member

Smile New Member

Greetings,

I would like to introduce myself. I have been "homeschooling" (more like "unschooling") my 3 kids for 8 years. It has worked well for our family, however the last two years have been difficult, and now that my oldest is in high school, I felt she was not getting the education she deserves.

This is only her first week, and already she is a bit overwhelmed. I think it will take time for her to learn better time-management skills while trying to keep up with her lessons/ assignments and her part-time job.

Perhaps if this works out for her, we will be enrolling our boys.

Thank you,
    MRSCMS

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome, we are glad to have you here!

Remember that any time you change from one educational system to another there is a period of time where the student has to adapt and figure out the new system. Since your daughter has been unschooling for a while it may take her a bit of time to figure out her time management to do assignments.

We have been homeschooling for about 7 years now and my daughter still requires help with her time management!

You might check out the high school forum, as well as Let's Homeschool High School. There is both a parent forum for high school parents as well as a forum for high school students to talk to other high school students.

Hope to see you around the forums!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!