Thread: New Member

Gorgeous Granny(GG) is offline Junior Member

Smile New Member

Greetings,

New to homeschooling...I am very excited to be here. I will return at a proper hour I'm bit of a night owl.

Namaste!!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums GG. I'm actually a night owl myself. It would be great if you posted an introduction. Let us know how we can help you. Have you checked out the New To Homeschooling page.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Gorgeous Granny(GG) is offline Junior Member

Hi I am GG from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, I reside in Suffolk (Norfolk,Portsmouth, Va. Beach) I will begin homeschooling my grandson starting on Mon 3/30/14. I was wondering where to start him with the curriculum,or where he left off at in public school. Is there a placement test he can take to give me an idea as where to start, any suggestions will be great...

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi GG,

Your grandson can start at his present grade level if you like. He will most likely review some things as he progresses, but will also learn things that were not covered in his school. He will have access to the grade level above and the grade level below in each subject. This is great if he needs to review things, or if he needs to be challenged.

Here are tips to help you both navigate the T4L site a little easier.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie