new member from Atlanta, Ga

Default new member from Atlanta, Ga

Hi,all!
    New member with 6yr old son. Getting ready to start home schooling and new to Time 4 Learning.
    Son went to public school for kindergarten and first grade. I'm taking him out of school because he's spending way too much time getting into trouble and gets easily distracted.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello and Welcome, A Thomas!

Classrooms are sometimes so busy it's easy for kids to be distracted or get in trouble. I think you and your son will like T4L. Here are tips and tricks for easily navigating the program. Since you are new to homeschooling I think you might find this e-book helpful. It was written by veteran homeschooling families just for new homeschoolers.

I also suggest you check out your state in the State Forums. It's a great way to make new friends, learn about things in your state or area, share ideas, and find encouragement.

Best wishes and keep us in the loop.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

hi, jpenn! thanks for the welcome and the info!

loveHSedu is offline Junior Member

Talking New to t4l

Quote Originally Posted by athomas1469 View Post
    Hi,all!
    New member with 6yr old son. Getting ready to start home schooling and new to Time 4 Learning.
    Son went to public school for kindergarten and first grade. I'm taking him out of school because he's spending way too much time getting into trouble and gets easily distracted.
    i too am new and with a 6yr old girl borderline adhd and i've homeschooled kindergarten and 1st grade but came across this and had to enroll her for first grade late in case i haven't covered everything. so far so good! i never seen her so excited to do it! it's very fun and organized and explains as well as rewards them so they know they've accomplished much! she still likes to play with her friends but loves doing her work now with much enthusiasm. good luck- you won't regret!