New Member and frustrated with Math
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: New Member and frustrated with Math

patti551 is offline Junior Member

Default New Member and frustrated with Math

Hello. My name is Patti and this is my first year homeschooling my sixth grade daughter. We are getting frustated with the math lessons. They breeze by so fast and there doesn't seem to be any way to pause it so that we can process how to do the math. The Orders of Operations for example. The video just goes shows how its done and then goes to next. I ended up having to google orders of Operation so I could understand it. I feel the video is too fast and needs to let one pause it at any time. So is there a way to pause it? It seems to only pause sometimes if there is a question and your taking a long time to answer, then it will pause on it's own.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Patti. Welcome!

Those lessons can't be paused, but if you click the little icon at the top, right that looks like a piece of paper with its corner turned down, you will pull up a transcript. The transcript can be printed and read or referred to later. It's very helpful to have this for reference.

Also, be sure you are using the printable worksheets. If there is a worksheet for a lesson, it will appear below that lesson's icon as a link that says Resource. The resource for the lesson you mention has a reminder about the order of operations on the bottom that the student can use when solving the problems. (You can also find the same worksheets within your parent login in the lesson plans.)

We're happy to have you with us! I hope this info helps your daughter enjoy and understand her math lessons more.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!