New Member in Georgia
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Selenalynn

Thread: New Member in Georgia

Default New Member in Georgia

I am new to Time4Learning. I have been educating my children at home for two years using K12 curriculum through Georgia Cyber Academy. I am excited to get started this year with Time4Learning. I was attracted to this program for two reasons. It gives me more flexibility and control over what my kids are doing, yet it is online like my kids are already used to doing. I am looking forward to getting started!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome Selena! I think you will find that Time4Learning is a lot more flexible than K12 was. You will be able to run school at your own pace! My daughter has been with Time4Learning since 1st grade, she is entering 8th, with a couple of 9th grade subjects this year. We really do like T4L! The best part for my daughter is that it is interactive and moves at her pace. The best thing for me is that T4L keeps the records and plans the lessons. This allows me more time to actually spend with my daughter. I hope that it works out as well for you as it works for us. You might consider joining your state forum (Georgia State Forum). There you will find information specific to Georgia. Again, we are very glad to have you, feel free to ask any questions you might have and please share your victories! Happy homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Selenalynn.
    We're in Florida. We've been homeschooling for 13 years now, and using T4L for 5 years. We love so many things about T4L, but like you said, the flexibility is on the top of the list. At the very top of the list, though, is that our daughter LOVES T4L and there is never a fuss to do school.

Welcome to T4L!!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Oh my goodness! This was our second day and the kids are already raving!! They ALL (I have three) love it! They say that it is much better than K12 and they actually enjoy the format! Yay! All three of my kids were in public school before I pulled them out to homeschool. None of them had really bad experiences, I pulled them for philosophical reasons more than the bullying issues that I always hear about. They liked the idea when I mentioned it, but it has been a rocky road to keep them on my team, so to speak! I am thrilled to hear them say that they like the curriculum and the lack of stress has GOT to help! Thanks for the words of welcome!
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Selenalynn View Post
    Oh my goodness! This was our second day and the kids are already raving!! They ALL (I have three) love it! They say that it is much better than K12 and they actually enjoy the format! Yay! All three of my kids were in public school before I pulled them out to homeschool. None of them had really bad experiences, I pulled them for philosophical reasons more than the bullying issues that I always hear about. They liked the idea when I mentioned it, but it has been a rocky road to keep them on my team, so to speak! I am thrilled to hear them say that they like the curriculum and the lack of stress has GOT to help! Thanks for the words of welcome!
    LOVED reading this! Hope your year continues to go so well!!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!