New Member Introduction
    RAJ
    RAJ is offline Junior Member

Default New Member Introduction

Good morning everyone My name is Ronda i'm new to homeschooling and i'm new to this T4L website. I am h/s my 10 yr old son for the first time, the reason i chose to h/s him this year is because of bullying. I'ts very hard for a child to focus on learning their school work when they have to worry about bullies. So i decided enough was enough which brought us this way,although i'm nervous, i'm excited and relieved because my son is in a safe environment and free to learn and explore without having to look over his shoulder with worry. Thank You Jesus

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Ronda. I'm so sorry your son has been a victim of bullying.

It's normal to be nervous. Participating in a forum like this can help calm those nerves by giving you others in similar situations to "talk" to.

We're glad you found us. Welcome to Time4Learning!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Time4Learning and to Homeschooling Ronda. It's so nice to meet you. I also have a ten year old son. Fortunately he has never been to school. But my grandchildren had issues with bullying at school before my daughter decided to keep them home.

I would suggest that you check out the New to Homeschooling Guide for starters. I always tell people to pour yourself a nice cup of coffee or tea and sit down with the forums. Go to the forum for your state. (You can find a drop down menu at the top of the page.) There is also a forum for your son's age level. Read thru the older posts. Get familiar with your state's laws. Relax. Take lots of deep slow breaths. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. Remember when you ask a question there are probably six other people with the same question but they are too shy to ask. In three months you'll be an old hand at this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota