New Member Introduction
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twinsmom04

Thread: New Member Introduction

twinsmom04 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Member Introduction

Hello everyone my name is Natoshia and I have 3rd grade twins being home schooled for the first time. I am looking forward to the school year and looking to any tips or advice from other parents. I hope you all have a great night and I am looking forward to joining you in discussions in the near future.
    TwinsMom2003 likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Natoshia, and welcome! You've come to a good place if you want homeschooling info. We have so many great members on the forums; some who are new like you, and some who have graduated their kiddos! Poking around the boards here is the best way to see who's on and what's being talked about.

Here is a great Welcome to Homeschooling guide you might find helpful. There's a ton of information in it, but it's laid out well and not hard to get through and not overwhelming. There's also this Getting Started with Time4Learning guide that is a wonderful resource for learning more about the program, navigating the site, etc.

I would like to invite you to join our Illinois homeschooling forum that we have here. You should be able to find out and keep up with homeschooling happenings in the state. Hopefully you'll even find some members who are near you!

I hope you enjoy the start of this exciting journey! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I look forward to seeing you around...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

TwinsMom2003 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Welcome, TwinsMom04...I'm TwinsMom2003 and I also have twins (boy/girl) in 3rd grade. Unfortunately, we're in CA. We are kind of between grades, actually, we started 3rd grade mid-year last year for Math, Science and social studies. We're just starting 3rd grade Language Arts. We've been homeschooling since preschool. We did ToddlerPreschool.com then Connections Academy for K-2. After state testing, we decided that wasn't for us and started with Time4Learning last year. This will be our 2nd year with T4L. We love it. I don't know aout your kdis, but mine like to do different subjects, so with T4L, I can let them do what they want, when they want and just monitor them both instead of trying to keep one or the other from getting bored. Good luck (and congratulations!) with your homeschooling!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsMom2003 View Post
    Welcome, TwinsMom04...I'm TwinsMom2003 and I also have twins (boy/girl) in 3rd grade. Unfortunately, we're in CA. We are kind of between grades, actually, we started 3rd grade mid-year last year for Math, Science and social studies. We're just starting 3rd grade Language Arts. We've been homeschooling since preschool. We did ToddlerPreschool.com then Connections Academy for K-2. After state testing, we decided that wasn't for us and started with Time4Learning last year. This will be our 2nd year with T4L. We love it. I don't know aout your kdis, but mine like to do different subjects, so with T4L, I can let them do what they want, when they want and just monitor them both instead of trying to keep one or the other from getting bored. Good luck (and congratulations!) with your homeschooling!
    Hello and welcome, and thanks SO much for chiming in!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!