New military homeschool family (texas)
    MamaG8 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New military homeschool family (texas)

Hello everyone!

We are active duty military (Army) and we just had to move, so I decided to pull my kindergartner out of public school to home school her during the move. We have to stay a week or 2 in one place before going to our final destination and I figured homeschooling for the rest of the year would be easier than switching to a couple schools right before the end of the school year.

Anyway, we are in Texas (started in San Antonio, currently in Killeen, and our final destination will be Conroe), and if we like home schooling, we will continue to do it next year for 1st grade and our son's pre-k.

Just wanted to say hi!!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, MamaG8.

Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling. Be prepared to love homeschooling.

As a new homeschooling family, this homeschooling guide should be helpful. I hear Texas is a pretty easy place to homeschool. Their regulations are not too strict. We live in Florida and have a wonderful community of homeschoolers. We belong to a couple of homeschool support groups, which are quite active with field trips, co-ops, drama club, yearbook club and so much more.

I look forward to seeing you around the T4L forums. Oh, I wanted to also mention you might want to check out the Time4Learning Military Families forum.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome, MamaG8! I think you will love it around here.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie