New from Ontario, Canada
    Corrie is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New from Ontario, Canada

Hi, I'm from Canada. Have three kids ages 11, 9 and 7 and am trying time4learning out for the summer to see how things go. I have a son (11) with an IEP for language arts and he is changing schools for grade 6. I am hoping to keep his mind active over the summer to have a great start in grade 6. My 9yr old daughter is doing fine in school except for very poor spelling. My 7yr old is also a daughter who is doing fine in school so far.

I have a three questions. One regarding the math curriculum and U.S. vs metric measurement systems. Can anyone tell me how much of the curriculum will include U.S. measurement or if I can tailor lessons to change the unit of measurement?

My second question is about "student timers". I saw this somewhere in my browsing of the site but couldn't find anything about what it actually is. I see in my parent login I can adjust this. Can someone tell me a bit about what it is and how I can use it? I'm wondering if I can use it to monitor how much time my kids are spending on their lessons?

Finally, any suggestions on how to help a poor speller? she reads anything and everything so I've always not understood how her spelling can be so poor but it's just the way it is.

Thanks. Can't wait to see how this will work for my kids.

Corrie

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Corrie, and welcome! I am honestly not sure about the US measurements and conversions, but I will attempt to find out for you!

We have not used the student timers in a while. I believe those are in place so you can set how much time your kiddos must complete before they have access to the "playground." You can even set a timer for maximum playground time, if desired.

If you just want to monitor how much time they are spending on each activity, you can see that from your parent admin area. Log in to your parent account. Then you can select student info. Then, for the student you wish to monitor (unfortunately, you do have to do this for one child at a time. At least I haven't figured out a way to monitor both of my kids at once, lol), click where it says "more" all the way to right. From there, select "student records." That takes you to the student portfolio area. Click on the reports tab, and you can generate a report showing attendance, duration or student score. Once you select that, you can customize your report even more, and finally chose a date range for the report.

We have a Time4Learning for Summer Use forum you may want to look at to see how other members use the program in the summer.

I hope that helped. Again, I will look into the measurement conversions thing for you. Always feel free to ask any questions you have here, and poke around the forums to see what's being talked about.
    Last edited by bailbrae; 07-05-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!