New Parent to Time4Learning, Homeschooling, and more.
    IsaacPhoenix012 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Parent to Time4Learning, Homeschooling, and more.

Hello,
    My name is Joshua. My wife and I have been having a challenging and frustrating time with my daughter's public school, which gets high scores and is an affluent area, meaning it is a nice school, but it was very frustrating. We felt like she wasn't learning much, wasn't focused. the school used 8 hours of her day when she's 7, and left no time for much else and left us with little time with her. In addition to that my middle child has a heart defect and my wife has seizures, so I work from home in software, and I make small toys. I love it, it keeps my family secure, and allows me to help and do more cause I have flexibility. We had 0 clue what to do for our oldest kid, and our other 2 kids when the time came to school. Homeschooling carries such a hippy connotation with it, and for good reason, but I will say it has been a huge blessing to us. We can get up when we need so our kids don't start school exhausted and unable to focus, as well as not hungry cause they get minimal time to eat. My daughter gets what takes 8 hours in school, done in about 2 to 3 hours. We can help more, know what shes doing, and she enjoys it more. She plays competitive soccer and has more time now for it as well as other activities. We love Time4Learning. We started with a free week trial and are excited to continue. It offers all core subjects, lets you plan when you will be in school and on vacation, and then tells you how much you need to get done. We supplement a few things, but as a core program, its hard to beat time for learning. We have a zoo membership for "free" field trips, and get the brain quest books as well as Awana Bible Verses to fill some time. She plays soccer competitively, and we still have more time since leaving school to do more stuff. We have a lot to still look into, but this is a great place to start.

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Parent to Time4Learning, Homeschooling, and more.

Hi, Isaac, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you've got a great thing going for your daughter. I agree that homeschooling is so much more time-efficient than traditional school.

Glad to have you aboard! We hope you'll share more of your journey as you go along.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!