New to site. A bit overwhelmed. Have a question about lesson plans that i've 'saved'
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: New to site. A bit overwhelmed. Have a question about lesson plans that i've 'saved'

Default New to site. A bit overwhelmed. Have a question about lesson plans that i've 'saved'

Hello all,
    I have two children Madyson(11) and Brandyn(10) I'm starting them off at 4th grade level to make sure they've 'cleared' all that information before i allow them to go to the next grade levels. They were attending public school before we started this but i feel more comfortable making sure they know each grade level thoroughly before advancing. So anyhow, they are eager to advance so want to get 4th grade out of the way already...so i've saved a lesson plan for them to finish in the fastest amount of time possible but now i can't even find the lesson plan nor could i even print out from the lesson plan page :/
    I thought the point of creating assignment/lesson plans was to be able to print and stuff. I checked everywhere i could think of but i may be overlooking since i'm totally unfamiliar with the site and all the details...my kids just log in and do lessons...i'd love to explore more but haven't had time yet. Much thanks!!
    ~Robyn

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Robyn, and welcome! I can completely understand wanting them to take a quick look at the 4th grade stuff, just to make sure they are ready. As far as lesson planning...did you use the Activity Scheduler under your parent login? We don't normally do any planning, we just go in order, but I did just try to set up a plan for one of my kiddos and it worked (by worked, I mean I could generate and print). If that isn't remotely what you were talking about, lol, please let me know. Maybe one of our other members will chime in with what works for them as well.

Good luck! Looking forward to talking with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Robyn, We also just log in and do the lessons, finishing one and then following on to the next. I don't know what to tell you, except to call Time4Learning at 888-771-0914. The few times I've needed help with something, they've been very helpful. And when you call, an actual person answers.
    bailbrae likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

cmlittle is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Robyn,
    I had the same problem when I made a lesson plan and saved, I'm the type of person who needs something to look at and physically check off. So I wrote a "Reminder how to find schedule"
    First Sign in and Under "How to Begin" Choose "Activity Scheduler" Where you see "Saved Calendar" there should be a coded calendar there and when you select it, it will open allowing you to select which week you want to print.
    I hope this makes sense for you!
    Christina

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I just print off the whole lesson plan at the beginning of the school year. Then each day as my son does his work I write his grades on the lesson plan. At the end of the school year I print off the report. I put this and the lesson plan in a notebook to keep in case we ever have to document anything.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

I really wish we could export the schedule to excel. I'm a paper person when it comes to lesson plans, but in the current format it's 13 pages per subject when printed!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoungersKA View Post
    I really wish we could export the schedule to excel. I'm a paper person when it comes to lesson plans, but in the current format it's 13 pages per subject when printed!
    That's a great idea. I don't know if it's possible, but you could always send that feedback to [email protected]. It's always good to hear ideas from the folks that use the program!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!