New with some questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joana Pinto

Thread: New with some questions

Joana Pinto is offline Junior Member

Cool New with some questions

Hello,
    I'm Joana Pinto. I'm from Portugal and I moved to the USA 8 years ago. I'm married with 4 kids.
    I'm a little nervous about homechool my oldest (1st grade) because I didn't go to school here.
    I decided to homeschool her because my husband's work sent us to Portugal so he can work from there for 3 months.
    I've been reading the Time4Learning website and guide and I have some questions.
    What's the best way to plan my lessons?
    How long is each lesson?
    How long does she need to work each day?

Thanks for your help
    Joana

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New with some questions

Hi, Joana! Welcome to the forum.

When you log in to your parent dashboard, you will see an Activity Planner with a couple of options for scheduling. You can use that, or you can just have your child work a certain amount of time per day, or you can pick and choose what you think she needs.

Scheduling is completely up to you. I try to not expect my own kids to do more than two lesson activities per subject, but I know a lot of people do more.

You might be interested in this article called How Long is a Homeschool Day? This will especially apply to a child as young as your first grader.

The actual running time of each lesson activity at that grade level is approximately fifteen minutes, but that varies a great deal. There are also "Story Creator" lessons, where the child will move pictures around a screen to tell a story . . . and online coloring. Those things last as long as the child decides to work on them.

Let us know if you have any more questions, and do stick around the forum to share how things are going for you

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Joana Pinto is offline Junior Member

Default Re: New with some questions

Thank you so much! I'm starting August 6th.
    I'll check the article for sure!

Joana