New To T4 L Here On The Space Coast
    drucks is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New To T4 L Here On The Space Coast

Greetings- Have a friend that has been using the program for several years with her (now 14 year old) son who is a real blessing and help to us as she knows a lot about the world of home schooling. I am a 55 year old (working) man helping my mom (72) raise a 13 year old boy (emotionally 8 or 9) with ADHD and ODD. My afore mentioned friend's son has similar challenges and, she gave me some advice on utilizing the program (she works as well and is super busy, as am I) but said to stick (especially in the beginning) with reading, math, and soicial studies. She said the main thing is to get started and I thought that introducing myself here on the forum would be a good idea. I have been elected/ selected to be "in charge" of home schooling my nephew as my mom is not well enough to do it (especially on a computer) and I really have my plate loaded up, especially still working and all. Reply's to this post are most certainly encouraged and wecome.

Thanks,
    Doug

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Doug! I saw that you found your way to the Florida forum...that's great! I hope you have had a chance to poke around the boards since you posted this. It's fantastic that you have a friend who not only supports your helping your mom homeschool, but one that can give you advice and suggestions!

Here are a couple of links that you might find helpful. I don't think I posted these in my reply to your post in the FL forum, but if I did, I'm sorry for repeating myself, lol.

Welcome to Homeschooling Guide by Time4Learning
    Getting Started with Time4Learning

Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

I love it when I hear of a good family support system. Way to go Uncle Doug for blessing your nephew!