New to T4L

Thread: New to T4L

Default New to T4L

Greetings all! Wanted to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Daryl and I am homeschooling my 13 year old son. He has ADD and had issues with the public school set up. I am looking forward to seeing him learn and succeed while using the T4L curric. We live in Maine and with his ADD and my own health issues homeschooling has been a challenge. I am hoping that this will take some of the pressure off and motivate him to really want to learn more.

Just wanted to say hello and look forward to sharing success stories with you all.
    Any advice or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated!

DW

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello Daryl, and welcome! Thank you so much for introducing yourself and your son. My boys have never been diagnosed with ADD or anything, but they have thrived with the T4L program. Sure, we will have days that they (ok, maybe not my 14yo, but definitely my 9yo) have to be told...repeatedly, lol...to focus. But for the most part, Time4Learning has always held their interest and they don't fight me about working with it.

In case you haven't seen it, here is a Hints and Help page that can help you learn more about using the T4L program/site (navigating, using lesson plans or activity scheduler, etc.). I would also like to recommend you check out the special needs forum here on the boards (to see how other families with kiddos learning with ADD homeschool and use T4L), and pop into the Maine homeschool forum to introduce yourself there...it's the best place to try and meet others near you and keep up with homeschool happenings in your state.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!