New to T4L and have a few questions
    beckmom is offline Junior Member

Default New to T4L and have a few questions

Hi everyone! We've been using T4L for 3 days and my kids are loving it! I have a Kindergartener and a First Grader. I do have a question about the worksheets. Are these required for the program, or just recommended? I didn't know if most people print out every single worksheet for their children, or if you just print out the ones where they might require a little extra practice? Just curious what the seasoned users are doing. Also, is there a way for the items to be clicked "done" on the activity scheduler for the week, or should I just print it off and check it as the activities are completed? Thanks for the help!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First let me say welcome to the Parent Forums and to time4learning. I have used t4l for over six years now with my son. I think I have printed three worksheets in all that time. I use them only when he is struggling with a concept. Or if I need to show Dad how he is doing. I have never used the activity scheduler. You can't mark the lessons as done online. I print out the lesson plans themselves. As he finishes his work each day I go to the backpack and write the scores on the printed lesson plans. I keep these in a notebook. At the end of the course, I print out the report for that course and put it with the lesson plans in my notebook. If I ever need proof of his work I have it all right there.

Have you checked out the forum for your state yet? It's a great place to talk to others about the way things work in your state. Another great forum for you would be the Kindergarten through third grade forum.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beckmom View Post
    Hi everyone! We've been using T4L for 3 days and my kids are loving it! I have a Kindergartener and a First Grader. I do have a question about the worksheets. Are these required for the program, or just recommended? I didn't know if most people print out every single worksheet for their children, or if you just print out the ones where they might require a little extra practice? Just curious what the seasoned users are doing. Also, is there a way for the items to be clicked "done" on the activity scheduler for the week, or should I just print it off and check it as the activities are completed? Thanks for the help!
    We have been using T4L for several years, and we too just print the worksheets when a little extra reinforcement/practice is needed. I used to print EVERY single resource worksheet when we first started, lol, but soon discovered that I was using A LOT of paper, and my son was bored with the worksheets more often than not.

Like Kathi, we don't use the activity scheduler, so I can't offer anything there. But, I do think that printing it out and checking off activities as they are completed sounds good.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!