Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By PBrat4
  • 2 Post By topsytechie
  • 2 Post By MamaToHerRoo
  • 1 Post By PBrat4

Thread: New to T4L and homeschooling a high school aged daughter

PBrat4 is offline Junior Member

Default New to T4L and homeschooling a high school aged daughter

Hello, My name is Paula. I'm new to this home school journey. My daughter has asked for several months to consider letting her home school. So I came to T4L as a suggestion from a stranger, on a discussion/post about common core on face book. I discussed this with my husband and we both agreed to give it a shot.We live in Louisiana and don't know too many home school parents, a few have younger kids in home school, but none home schooling high school aged kids. We are looking to get away from common core. But have also considered Louisiana Connections Academy. As an accredited school. Gonna see how this Summer learning goes first. Will be nice to connect here with other parents home schooling teenagers. I may need lots of advice.

topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Paula! We have LOVED using T4L for high school. I think it makes a super "first homeschooling" program, too, because the interface is so easy to understand and it makes you realize this homeschooling stuff doesn't have to be complicated to work.

A couple resources I recommend if you're just in the "thinking about it" stage are:

Keep us posted on your decision!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Paula, You might double check, Connections may be administered by public school and if that is true, it might not get you away from common core.

We have stared using the T4L high school courses over the past year, and really love T4L. We have used it as our core curriculum for over 7 years now. I was overjoyed when they added high school!

Hope things work out well on your homeschooling adventure!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

PBrat4 is offline Junior Member

Thank You for this information.
    I have already enrolled my daughter with Time4Learning, I wish I had known about this site before her 9th grade year began. Got her final report card today, she has failed remedial math and algebra 1. I feel that if we had had time4learning at the beginning of the year she would have passed those two classes. So, now she will repeat those two subjects, but will be better prepared. Yes, we are also enrolling her into Connections Academy, I'm fully aware they are based on the common core curriculum. That is the negative to it, but I was worried that if she decided at a later date that she may want to return back to public school she would need her credits. Hopefully, she will fully enjoy both T4L and LACA. Because the enrollment process has been a learning experience for me as well. I am going to get to see what she is learning. Going to keep Time4Learnign as well. We both find this site to be pretty awesome.
    bailbrae likes this.