New to the technology
    Dizzy Mom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to the technology

Hi there all,

I homeschool my 8 y/o daughter who has autistic spectrum and OCD. I homeschooled my oldest 2 children from my 1st marriage in the mid 1990's before Internet made connecting with other homeschoolers as easy as this. I let my older two girls go to high school so they wouldn't miss their prom. One daughter has graduated a university the other is starting a university. My youngest is proving to be a challenge for me but I won't give up.

I look forward to being here among other homeschoolers.
    ~DM

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Doesn't all this technology make a difference in our lives? I remember the days of waiting until I could go to the library to look something up in an encyclopedia. Now if I have a question about something I just click an app on my cell phone to get the answer. I hope you will enjoy homeschooling with technology as well. My son and I have used Time4Learning for over five years now. I think it's a great way to learn and to connect with people.

Speaking of connecting with people, have you stopped by the Florida Parent Forum yet? It's a great way to connect with others in your area. Well to Time4Learning and the technological way of learning.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Prendergast_Academy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy Mom View Post
    Hi there all,

I homeschool my 8 y/o daughter who has autistic spectrum and OCD. I homeschooled my oldest 2 children from my 1st marriage in the mid 1990's before Internet made connecting with other homeschoolers as easy as this. I let my older two girls go to high school so they wouldn't miss their prom. One daughter has graduated a university the other is starting a university. My youngest is proving to be a challenge for me but I won't give up.

I look forward to being here among other homeschoolers.
    ~DM
    Hi DM!~
    My son is on the spectrum too with PDD NOS and is OCD. I understand, a big hug to you!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You both might want to check out the Special Needs Parent Forum. They have lots of ideas for teaching through the challenges.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota