New Texas Member
    Aly D is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Texas Member

We are halfway into our third year of homeschooling my son (5th ish), who was removed from a private school that just didn't seem to fit the bill anymore - not that it ever did. He was also diagnosed two years ago with Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia and also shows evidence of mild ADD - inattentive type. He's a smart dude, but it's hard for others (public teachers and judgmental people) to understand it.

As always, I'm ever searching for the right curriculum, especially when something isn't working. We are going to begin with Science in Time4Learning (very excited to see that experiments are part of the lessons) and go from there. He enjoys working on the computer so it seems as though it will be a good fit. Right now, he is using another Grammar and Writing program, but plan to incorporate it when he finishes us his current book.

Looking forward to being part of the Time4Learning community.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Aly, so glad to have you and you son join the T4L family. My daughter has ADHD, dyslexia, CAPD, and dysgraphia. T4L works really nicely for her. We supplement with whatever interests her. I don't make her do every subject every day, and I let her take breaks as needed. I love the flexibility of homeschooling.

Your son will have access to three grade levels within each subject--the one he is on and the level just above and just below.

Here are some links to help you navigate your way around the site.

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

Best wishes!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie