New to Time4learning

Red face New to Time4learning

Hello! I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am a mother to 3 children and decided to homeschool a year ago. My children don't fit the "normal" mode and I found they were not getting out much out of public schooling. I have a child who is autistic, one with ADD, and a gifted child. All ends of the spectrum we have bounced around with a few curriculums, trying to find the best for us. I came to realize that each child had very different needs so I started searching for a program that allowed them all to work at their own level. We had been trying to do curriculums together, ones that were termed multi-student curriculums. It just wasn't working for us. I stumbled across this site and was thrilled that it seemed to be all I had been looking for and, most importantly, at a price I could afford! We officially began the program this week and, it's taking some getting use to, but I think it's going to be THE one that works I am still learning the ends and outs with homeschooling so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
    Jessica

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! My family has been using T4L for more than 6 years now...we love it! It simply works for us, and it works no matter how we use it (as a core or as a supplement to something else).

Here is a great Welcome to Homeschooling guide you might enjoy. I read it after I had already been homeschooling for a while, and let me tell you...I wish I had had something like this when I started! It might have prevented way too many nights of me crying in a closet, lol.

If you'd like some help learning more about the T4L program, or the site (navigating, using the lesson plans, etc), I would suggest you check out this Hints and Help page. A lot of good stuff.

One last thing - please take a moment to join your state homeschooling forum. It can be a good resource for keeping up with homeschool happenings around your state, but it can also be a good way to try and meet other homeschoolers that are local to you!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Jessica. Similar to you, I have 3 children with different needs. My youngest has learning disabilities and requires a lot of repetition, in addition to working at different levels in different subjects. Time4Learning has truly been a blessing for her!!! She loves it! I never have to fuss with her to do school. She likes being able to work independently, which I don't mind because I can go back and look at her scores. If I find she scored low on something, we just repeat the lesson together. And like I said, because she's at different grade levels for different subjects, it's good that we are not tied to just one grade level.

So welcome to T4L! I hope to see you around the forums again....you'll find everyone here to be very friendly and helpful.

Janet
    having fun learning with our 2 high schoolers and 1 elementary, using T4L and T4W