New to time4learning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: New to time4learning

joejoe59 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to time4learning

Good day to everyone, I am interested in a Home-School program and would like to speak with other parents or teachers on this subject, coming from a private school and giving us 7 days that the school will be closing the doors and is a shock to all of us. I just need some insight information, someone please if I could chat with someone would be very helpful. Thank you, (joe) from California

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Joe. Welcome to time4learning and to the wonderful world of homeschooling. It's so nice to meet you. I have been homeschooling my 11 year old son since preK. For us it has been a great adventure. We have used time4learning since the start. We supplement with lots and lots of hands on learning, field trips, museums, and historic sites.

Since each state has different laws you would be best served by going to the California Parents Forum. Just go to the drop down menu at the top of this page that says State Forums. Click on it and then click on California. They can help you with all the ins and outs of your state law. There are also links to homeschool support groups. In my opinion a good support group is the most important thing in successful homeschooling.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or in the California forum.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Joe. I'm sorry that you have such short notice from your child's school. Homeschooling is a wonderful option to consider. We've been homeschooling for 13 years and it's the best choice we've ever made for our family.

We homeschool our 3 kids (high school & elementary). We've been using T4L for almost 5 years now. Time4Learning is a great program, especially for new homeschoolers because there is little to no planning involved. The progress reports are printable, which makes record-keeping easy. You really just need to jump in and give it a try.

As for advice on homeschooling in general, like Kathi in her reply to you, the best advice for new homeschoolers is first, educate yourself on your own state laws for home educators and, secondly, get connected with a homeschool support group that is local to you. Google is a great search engine that can help you find information on both, but our forum right here is a great resource, also.

Here is a free Homeschool Guide created by T4L's most seasoned homeschoolers for new homeschoolers.

When you get started with Time4Learning, you'll see that it's a very easy website for you and even for your child to navigate on his/her own. If at any time you have any questions, please feel free to come to the forums and ask. There are links with tips and helps for beginners that we can share with you. The technical support staff at T4L are also very friendly and helpful.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass