New today. I would love to home school. Not feeling confident
    Martinis4olives is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New today. I would love to home school. Not feeling confident

Hello and nice to meet you! I am a mom of 5. I want to home school my 7th grader (the other children are staying in public school at this time). She is ADD (and more) and in weekly therapy. I have no issue with the school she is in. BUT the students she is in daily contact with are not ideal. Because of her emotional disabilities my daughter has made some really poor choices and her peers have bullied her for those reasons. I understand if they don't want to be friends with her but to abuse her is unacceptable. Now...you may say...go through the Law...and that would make sense but if any of you have children who are girls know full well of the silent abuse that happens...there is no proof but it does exist.
    To make a long story short. My town, in MA, is very difficult regarding home schooling and they do everything to hinder parents from making that choice. I don't know if the curriculum and lesson plans with this system are going to be strong enough. At this point I am still learning how all this works. signed: Overwhelmed, stressed but still determined

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Yes, the silent abuse that goes on can be really hard on young girls. I hope you are able to work things out so you can homeschool your daughter. You probably will want to head over to the MA Parent Forum. They will have more experience in dealing with the laws in your state. There may even be someone who has worked with your school district.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martinis4olives View Post
    Hello and nice to meet you! I am a mom of 5. I want to home school my 7th grader (the other children are staying in public school at this time). She is ADD (and more) and in weekly therapy. I have no issue with the school she is in. BUT the students she is in daily contact with are not ideal. Because of her emotional disabilities my daughter has made some really poor choices and her peers have bullied her for those reasons. I understand if they don't want to be friends with her but to abuse her is unacceptable. Now...you may say...go through the Law...and that would make sense but if any of you have children who are girls know full well of the silent abuse that happens...there is no proof but it does exist.
    To make a long story short. My town, in MA, is very difficult regarding home schooling and they do everything to hinder parents from making that choice. I don't know if the curriculum and lesson plans with this system are going to be strong enough. At this point I am still learning how all this works. signed: Overwhelmed, stressed but still determined
    I hate to hear that, I'm sorry. I'm the moderator over at the MA forum that Kathi mentioned above. I do hope you'll join us there to see if anyone has experience with the school district you're in...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!