New user in Wisconsin
    MrsPreston is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New user in Wisconsin

Hi there,

I just signed up my daughter for T4L. We are in our first year of homeschooling, and still working out some kinks. My daughter is 8 and would be in second grade. Her school was actually quite good, but we felt that some of her quirks would best be dealt with at home for now. We have a younger daughter, age 4, who will be going to 4K this fall in public school, but is home with us now instead of in preschool.

My older daughter is wildly advanced in some areas, and lagging behind in others. I work part-time and have health issues, and my husband's job requires full-time travel. I have just not been successful at providing her with consistent learning so far, much less encouraging the younger's interests. I am hoping that T4L's independent nature will help me out, and get us on a more regular schedule. I was not crazy, and still really am not, about the idea of so much of her learning being on the computer, but I'm willing to give it a try. She seems to really like it so far, and the little one is begging to join too!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to t4l and to homeschooling. It is so nice to meet you. I have a nine year old son. We have used t4l since preK for him. He also is far ahead in some things and lagging behind in others. That is one of the great things about t4l, you can work where you need to be. My son does one second grade class, two third grade, and the rest fourth grade. I also have had poor health. We can snuggle in my recliner and work on the laptop. On days when I'm just not up to anything at all, we used videos like Magic School Bus or even How It's Made. The other day we watched a fascinating video called The Future of Food. He will have to watch that several times to get all the information out of it. But he did learn a lot. There are also some fun online learning sites like Learning Games For Kids. You can also use Spelling City for extra help with spelling and things like that. They have some games as well.

You are probably going to want to join the Wisconsin Parent Forum. It is a great way to contact with others in your state. Best wishes as you continue in this wonderful journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota