new this year!

Thread: new this year!

mamaholly2002 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face new this year!

Hi! my name is Holly and I home school my son Seth. Hhe finished the 4th grade level this past week and I was just wondering what do you do next? are there test's for him to take to see if he passes on to the 5th grade? can anyone help me??

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You can print a report from the Backpack page that will cover all of his grades for the year. Look at his total scores. Are they pretty good overall? Then move him on. Does he need to review one or two subjects? Then move on in the other subjects and redo some of the lessons that he needs help with. There are no tests or anything like that other than the ones that come up in the lessons. If you think he understands the material that's what is important. Some states require end of the year testing. If your state does than your local homeschool group can probably help you with this. My state does not require any testing or anything.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

mamaholly2002 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    You can print a report from the Backpack page that will cover all of his grades for the year. Look at his total scores. Are they pretty good overall? Then move him on. Does he need to review one or two subjects? Then move on in the other subjects and redo some of the lessons that he needs help with. There are no tests or anything like that other than the ones that come up in the lessons. If you think he understands the material that's what is important. Some states require end of the year testing. If your state does than your local homeschool group can probably help you with this. My state does not require any testing or anything.
    Thanks! i will look at my state!