Thread: Newbie

Ayesha Binti Abdul Hamid is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Newbie

Hi, I am Ayesha from CT. My daughter is currently in public school KG and I want to start homeschooling with T4L program. I know it's almost end of year of school but I wish I can pull put my daughter from the school, like now. Maybe I can? Not sure. Anyhow, I am looking forward for homeschooling the rests of my kids as well in the future. Thanks for your time

organicfamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are new also, I am starting my 2nd/3rd grader today and looking forward to it. We did public and private school, so we are now hoping that homeschool is going to be the ticket, so far so good. I did my own curriculum but really needed a place that could offer a schedule and accountability. My child enjoyed the demos, so we hope this will work for us and maybe my other child as well! Good luck to you!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the new families on here. We have been using time4learning for over five years now and we love it. I would suggest that you spend some time looking around the forums. Especially go to the Parent Forum for your home state. You can find that by going to the drop down menu at the top of this page that says State Forums. Click on that and then click on your state. This is the best place to find information specific to homeschooling where you live. Most states will have a list of resources and local homeschool support groups. Look around and then come back with any questions that you might have. We are all here to support each other.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Welcome to T4L and to homeschooling, Ayesha and Organicfamily.

Ayesha, I see no reason why you can't start right now. It really depends on your circumstances. You may also want to look into your state homeschool laws and find out what the requirements are. For example, if you homeschool for a year and want to put your daughter back in public school the following year, what requirements do you have to meet. That may help you make your decision. You can find information on your state laws at the Homeschool Legal Defense Association website. Just follow that link, then find the Quick Navigation box on the right side and click on State. You will see different options, one of which is Laws. And that's not to say that you would want to put her back in school. I'm a strong advocate for homeschooling. Personally I think once you've tried it, you won't go back...but it's always best to do your research than to make a mistake and wish you'd looked into it.

Organicfamily, we've been using T4L 4years now. It's really quite an easy website to navigate. But I've also bookmarked this link of Helps and Tips for beginners to T4L because I still refer back to it for all the different links it has, which makes navigating the site easier. You can find things such as how to change the grade levels permanently, Activity Scheduler, worksheets and teaching guides, and a lot more.

Enjoy your homeschool journey, moms. I look forward to seeing you all around the forums again.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 04-23-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass