Newbie here
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Newbie here

blessedmomof2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newbie here

I just have begun my home school adventure. I have two wonderful boys who are 8 years old and 11 years old. They are just as excited as I am. I have recently decided on homeschooling for many reasons. I just withdrew them from our district about 2 weeks ago. I can already see a difference in their anxiety levels and happiness. I am looking forward to the remaining of this year as well as many more to come. I live in Ohio in Licking County.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the forums. My advice would be to start in slowly. Maybe take a break to allow them to regroup and change their mindset (and yours) as to what school should look like. Do things that are fun and that they are interested in for a while. When you begin to add more formal school back into their lives do it slowly. Maybe only one subject at a time or only a few days a week. Check out the forum for your state. Also make sure you understand your state laws. FInd a good homeschool support group in your area. For me this is the most important thing. It gives you people with experience to talk to and it gives your boys playmates who are like them. Best wishes.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Blessedmomof2. I just wanted to also welcome you to Time4Learning. How exciting! I see it in between the lines of your post.

I look forward to seeing you around the T4L forums. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We're all here to help each other out. You will have some rough days, so expect them. But even those are good opportunities for teaching and training.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass