Newbie to Homeschooling
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fairylover

Thread: Newbie to Homeschooling

GlamGirl'sMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newbie to Homeschooling

Hello I live in Brooklyn and my daughter is 13. We are new to homeschooling and would like to connect to other teenage parents for discussions and activities/meetups. We are both excited about this website and would love to hear about your experiences and tips.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi GlamGirl'sMom. It's nice to meet you. I lived just across the river from you in Jersey until a few months ago. There is a great homeschool group in your are called the Tri-State Homeschoolers. It's a yahoo group. They do have a paid membership but the fee is pretty low and includes a monthly newsletter. I know there are other teenaged girls in that group. Lots and lots of activities.

My son is 11. We have used time4learning since preK and still love it. Pour yourself I nice cup of tea and spend some time looking around the forums. Especially check out the New York Forum and the High School forum.
    MamaToHerRoo and lovehmschlg like this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi! Hope you like homeschooling as much as we do, we started middle of 1st grade. Starting mid-year can be kind of scary but I can tell you that the folks around here have answers to many of the questions you might have as well as a shoulder to cry on, and a cheerful " 'atta girl" when you need it. We have been homeschooling now for hmmm...about 7 years and can't imagine any other way of educating! Best of luck and hope to see you around the forums!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

GlamGirl'sMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi Fairylover

Thanks for the information. We are really excited about the website it is extremely comprehensive. I will get in touch with both groups. Thanks for your quick response.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Let us know if we can help with anything.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota