Newbie...............in need of help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Onyxx

Thread: Newbie...............in need of help

P.A.T.T-2013 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Post Newbie...............in need of help

Hello Everyone,

I am a new mom with (TIME FOR Learning) and I am in need of some Homeschooling chit chat.

Can someone help me with creating a daily work schedule for my child who is a third grader? I have not quite gotten everything down as of yet.

Thank You, appreciative mom

Onyxx is offline Junior Member Newbie

My children are in 3rd and 4th grade and we do 2 hours of what I call "classroom time" in the morning. Basically I look ahead at what they will be doing in T4L and I do projects around it. Then we have 1.5 hours of gym/recess/outdoor time, lunch and chores. Then in the afternoon they do T4L for an hour or so. I also get about 40 library books at and above their reading level each week, have educational netflix videos cued up and they know which internet sites are educational so they have plenty of educational stuff to do in their free time as well.

As everyone says, each family is different. Some are very unstructured and some are very structured. I think we are somewhere in between. I'm new to homeschooling too and some days I feel like supermom and other days I wonder what in the heck I'm doing! LoL!!
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.T.T-2013 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am a new mom with (TIME FOR Learning) and I am in need of some Homeschooling chit chat.

Can someone help me with creating a daily work schedule for my child who is a third grader? I have not quite gotten everything down as of yet.

Thank You, appreciative mom
    Hi there! Glad you found us! My youngest is in 4th grade and we don't really do a schedule for his day. He just logs in and does the lessons in the order that T4L presents them. For third grade, he did two language arts, two math and one of either science or social studies. He was able to finish the year doing that. Some days those activities would take him an hour, sometimes they would take him three hours, lol. But that's how we rolled.

If you wanted to know more about scheduling, you may find this Hints and Help page beneficial. You can learn more about navigating the site, checking out the lesson plans, using the activity scheduler, etc.

Good luck. The great thing about homeschooling is that you don't have to keep the same schedule as someone else. Create your own. Play around with your day and see what works best not only for your child, but for you too!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxx View Post
    My children are in 3rd and 4th grade and we do 2 hours of what I call "classroom time" in the morning. Basically I look ahead at what they will be doing in T4L and I do projects around it. Then we have 1.5 hours of gym/recess/outdoor time, lunch and chores. Then in the afternoon they do T4L for an hour or so. I also get about 40 library books at and above their reading level each week, have educational netflix videos cued up and they know which internet sites are educational so they have plenty of educational stuff to do in their free time as well.

As everyone says, each family is different. Some are very unstructured and some are very structured. I think we are somewhere in between. I'm new to homeschooling too and some days I feel like supermom and other days I wonder what in the heck I'm doing! LoL!!
    Thanks so much for chiming in and sharing what works for you!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!