• 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By jtkluttz
  • 1 Post By Chrismommy
  • 2 Post By GaryL

Thread: Newbie in Texas

GaryL is offline Junior Member

Default Newbie in Texas

Hi all!

I just signed up for T4L and i can't wait to get the kiddos started!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, GaryL. Welcome to Time4Learning. How old are your kids? Have you visited the Texas forum? You may want to visit and introduce yourself.
    Also, let me share this Helps and Hints link for new Time4Learning users. I've found it to be very helpful in navigating the website with things like Progress Reports, Activity Scheduler, Previewing Lessons, and more.

Please feel free to ask questions any time. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Hi Janet. They're both taking highschool classes. My daughter is 15 and my son is 14. I have to say, I was a little hesitant about homeschooling, but so far it's going great!
    bailbrae likes this.

jtkluttz is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New to this too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Hi all!

I just signed up for T4L and i can't wait to get the kiddos started!
    Defintely freaking me out a bit.. Im in texas as well.. Just signed up my 9 year old moderate autistic boy up... I think overall this will be better for him then public schooling
    bailbrae likes this.

Chrismommy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Hi Janet. They're both taking highschool classes. My daughter is 15 and my son is 14. I have to say, I was a little hesitant about homeschooling, but so far it's going great!
    How are your kids liking the high school program so far? Are they using it as their main curriculum? Do you feel it's a full curriculum?
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jtkluttz View Post
    Defintely freaking me out a bit.. Im in texas as well.. Just signed up my 9 year old moderate autistic boy up... I think overall this will be better for him then public schooling
    Welcome! I hope things are going well for you. Please make sure to ask any questions that you may have! Also, check out our Special Needs forum. You may be able to connect with other parents/families who are homeschooling their learning-abled kiddos!

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismommy View Post
    How are your kids liking the high school program so far? Are they using it as their main curriculum? Do you feel it's a full curriculum?
    Hi there! I'm not Gary, but I can share about my son's T4L high school experience.

He is absolutely loving it! He's been using it since 2nd grade, so it's very comfortable for him. It's definitely different than the younger grades (as it should be, lol), but he's enjoying it. It is his main/core program and right now, I absolutely feel like it's a full curriculum. We do spelling, independent reading and creative writing, but nothing formal.

Are you using the high school program? I hope it's going well for you. There is a high school forum here, if you wanted to pop in and see what others are talking about.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismommy View Post
    They love it! There's just enough silliness to keep it from becoming monotonous, but serious enough for kids their age. It is their main curriculum, but I plan to supplement it with some independent reading/creative writing and maybe some worksheets for extra practice.
    bailbrae and lovehmschlg like this.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Gary. So glad your kids are enjoying T4L. If you're planning on adding creative writing, you may want to take a look at Time4Writing. T4W offers several one on one writing courses.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass