Offically A New Member!
    volgirl is offline Junior Member

Talking Offically A New Member!

Hello all! I have posted here in the past, just asking questions about the program. But as of today, my daughter Abigail, who will be starting 1st grade on Monday morning, is an official T4L member!! We are BOTH very excited to get started, although I am a little nervous. I am a bit overwhelmed at all of the info on the site. I still can't figure out where I saw how to break down the lesson plans to figure out what she needs to be doing each day. I think you use division to figure it out? If anyone can help me out please do.

Anyway, looking forward to Monday!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Volgirl and welcome to the time4learning parent forums. It can all seem a bit overwhelming at first. Pour yourself a nice glass of sweet tea and sit down with the forums for a while. You probably will want to go to the Tennessee forum to start. There is also a wonderful Getting Started Guide.

To figure out how many lessons to do each school day you first have to look at how many lessons there are in each subject. This number varies with each grade level. Then decide how many days you plan on doing school over the course of the school year. Then simply divide the number of days into the number of lessons. That is how many lessons in that subject that she will need to work on each day. When you look at the small number of lessons that she will do each day it is easy to think that it is not enough work. However, when you look at all the wasted time in a public school day, you will see that your daughter is probably getting more actual learning time in one hour than a public school class does all day. And she is getting one on one attention. We are going in to our sixth year with time4learning. My son does one to two hours per day now.

Please feel free to come back and ask any questions that come up. We're all in this thing together.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

volgirl is offline Junior Member

Talking Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    Hi Volgirl and welcome to the time4learning parent forums. It can all seem a bit overwhelming at first. Pour yourself a nice glass of sweet tea and sit down with the forums for a while. You probably will want to go to the Tennessee forum to start. There is also a wonderful Getting Started Guide.

To figure out how many lessons to do each school day you first have to look at how many lessons there are in each subject. This number varies with each grade level. Then decide how many days you plan on doing school over the course of the school year. Then simply divide the number of days into the number of lessons. That is how many lessons in that subject that she will need to work on each day. When you look at the small number of lessons that she will do each day it is easy to think that it is not enough work. However, when you look at all the wasted time in a public school day, you will see that your daughter is probably getting more actual learning time in one hour than a public school class does all day. And she is getting one on one attention. We are going in to our sixth year with time4learning. My son does one to two hours per day now.

Please feel free to come back and ask any questions that come up. We're all in this thing together.
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Can't wait to start tomorrow morning, and neither can she!!

Cakes2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, I am a new member as well. I utilized the Activity Calendar located in the Parent Account area. Enter the beginning and ending dates of your school year and it will create a schedule for each subject. To print, select the week and all subjects to complete that week can be viewed and printed. I hope this is what you are looking for!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Cakes. I can't believe we are entering our sixth year with time4learning and I have never used the activity planner. It is fairly new but I guess I should have checked it out better.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota