Official Time4Learning member now!
    Eulalia42 is offline Junior Member

Smile Official Time4Learning member now!

Hello everyone. My granddaughter and I are officially members of Time4Learning, beginning today. My name is Eula and this is my first year of homeschooling. I live in the mountains of North Carolina. I am a retired/disabled nurse. I have spent this summer researching and planning for homeschool. I was thrilled when I stumbled upon this program. I believe its exactly what my granddaughter needs. She has a problem with staying focused on task and I think this program will help her with that. She had a rough year in 3rd grade. She got behind and was very discouraged. She is nine years old and entering the 4th grade. We are both very excited about homeschooling and are looking forward to having a great year and a lot of fun.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Eulalia!

I think you both will LOVE it here. The forums are a great way to find tips, new ideas, friends, and happenings going on in your neck of the woods (via your state forum NC).

T4L is an excellent way to help a child who has trouble staying focused. The flash animation holds their attention, plus you can take breaks when needed.

Since she is behind, keep in mind that you have access to three grade levels within each subject: 3rd, 4th, and 5th. She may be in 3rd for one subject and 4th or 5th for another.

Here are links to help you navigate your way around the site:

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

You might also benefit from these:

Welcome to Homeschooling

Time4Learning Facebook

VocabularySpellingCity (a sister site) Free, but they do offer a neat Premium Membership for really cheap that has extras.

Learning Games for Kids (a sister site) Free

Vocabulary Can Be Fun (a sister site) Free

Best wishes!
    Last edited by jpenn; 08-25-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Eulalia,
    Welcome! My daughter has trouble with staying on task too, and Time4Learning is great about keeping her attention. My daughter doesn't like repeating things either, even if she needs to, and again Time4Learning is great about reviewing things without mindless repetition. I hope you and your granddaughter have a great homeschooling experience and come to love it as much as I do. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, and check out some of the links that Jackie listed, we particularly like Learning games for kids, and Spelling city.
    Happy homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!