Overwhelmed and excited!
    ahernandez26 is offline Junior Member

Default Overwhelmed and excited!

Hi all!
    Well we finally decided to jump into homeschooling! My name is Angelica and I'm a 36 yo single mom of a under-challenged 8 yo daughter (3rd grade). I've been wanting to homeschool for sometime now but was always too busy. Well now my schedule allows me to work and study at home (back to school myself) so thought now is our chance! She was in a great school although the 2 hour drive back and forth daily was too much and the schools in our city are pretty sad. An acquaintance told me of this program so we decided to start here. I would like to supplement with books as well so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! I pulled her out in the middle of the school year so I was wondering if I should have her start the 3rd grade curriculum from the beginning or if there's a way for her to test out of chapters.
    Thanks for your help!
    Angelica

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Overwhelmed and excited!

Hi, Angelica! Welcome. You can start her at the beginning, but my suggestion would be to start her out with the tests. See how well she does on the chapter tests. Since the curriculum allows you to skip around, no sense in spending time on lessons. If you gets to a test that she doesn't do well in, you can start at those lessons.

ahernandez26 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Overwhelmed and excited!

Great! It just didn't make sense to go through the curriculum since she covered a lot of it in school. Thanks for the advice!