Please help!!!

Thread: Please help!!!

tntsmommy2000 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Please help!!!

I am in IL and am trying to read all I can about homeschooling. Any ideas or suggestions on what I need to do in order to get started. I seen the letter I need to write, but where do I get the work and such? Any help would be appreciated. My children are constantly getting bullied at school and I need to get them pulled out ASAP...

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! According to the Illinois homeschool laws that I found, registering your homeschool is actually voluntary. You may not need to send the letter... You can double check with your school board, but if you wanted to send a letter, you can print out the curriculum overview for each of the grades of your children. That should suffice for what the state would need to know they would be learning each year.

Please join our Illinois homeschool forum we have here. You may have good luck finding someone who did submit a letter, and you can pick their brains about how they did that.

Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi! Welcome to Time4Learning. Our daughter has been using T4L for a little over 4 years now. She loves it!!

If you look over to the right hand side of this page, you can see a free Homeschool Guide download. I think you will find that very helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful! We're all in this together and we love to share what we've learned with new homeschoolers.

Also, I would recommend that you find a local homeschool support group. This was a huge help for me and a benefit for my children when I started homeschooling. You may find one through HSLDA. Follow that link and you will find support groups in a box on the right-hand side.

Lastly, this is the time of year when homeschool conventions are being held across the country. I don't know what part of Illionois you're in, but as I googled Illinois homeschool conventions, I found at least three.

Janet
    having fun learning with our 2 high schoolers and 1 elementary, using T4L and T4W