quiz and test settings
    MominTexas is offline Junior Member

Default quiz and test settings

My student (aspie/adhd:non-medicated) flies through his lessons so quickly that I'm not sure he's actually absorbing the information. He prefers to read and work on his own. When he gets to the quiz....he scores very poorly and then retakes multiple times trying to improve his score. The questions constantly change so his score can go up or down. He doesn't like to write or memorize. I feel that he'd do better if he had multiple choice answers to choose from. He's pretty good about recalling info if he can "see it." Any ideas guys?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What grade is your son in? My boys are in 4th and 9th grades, and I would say that 90% (or more) of their quizzes are multiple choice. You may want to tell him that if doesn't score well the first time he takes the quiz, he will have to go through the whole lesson again, but with you at his side. If he really values working independently, maybe he will slow down and pay closer attention the first time around?

You might have better luck posing your question in one of these forums:

Members Chat on Using Time4Learning
    Special Needs

Good luck! Always feel free to ask any questions you have, and I hope to see you around the boards!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

MominTexas is offline Junior Member

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll give it a try and we'll see.