Single mom new to homeschooling
    UNIQUE CHILD'S MOM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Single mom new to homeschooling

We live in the Victoria tx region and I'm new to homeschooling. It seems overwhelming with all of the info provided, but I would like to connect with other parents to receive help on how to get started and what exactly I need and need to do thankyou

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! Here is a good Homeschooling in Texas page...you can find links to state laws and other resources. You might also be able to connect with other families TX in this texas homeschool forum.

I know it's hard not to worry or be overwhelmed, but at least it's summer, and hopefully not a super stressful time. In addition to the links I already gave you, I would also recommend reading through this How to Homeschool ebook. It's a free download, and has lots of great tips and advice from veteran homeschoolers.

Good luck, and remember to have fun! Always feel free to ask any questions you have around the boards here.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Victoria,

Kaite, has some great advice. Not much more for me to add. But to take a deep breath and remember you are your kids best teacher. You have been teaching them since they where born.

Good luck on your homeschool adventure.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.